It’s Thursday, and we have put together your perfect itinerary for the weekend, if you don’t mind. This should help you make the most of these glorious Dubai days and glamorous Dubai nights.
- Sundown: What’s the perfect place for drinks to relax and kick off the weekend? We think it has to be Nasimi Beach, especially at sunset. For ladies on Thursdays, enjoy three glasses of free bubbly between 7pm – 11pm, complete with the incredible sun setting over Dubai. Inside the resort near the Grand Lobby, the beautiful voice of singer Clarita de Quiroz beckons you into Barazura cocktail lounge between 7pm – 11pm, where you are offered buy one get one free on selected beverages from 9pm – 11pm.
- Dinner: Once the sun has set, it’s time for fine food. Each and every Thursday, Rostang invites you for a gastronomic journey to explore great food and wine called ‘The Grape Escape’. This month, traditional French specialties will be served on the buffet, paired with fine wines from France and the New World. For an authentic Arabic experience, this Thursday is Lebanese Night in Levantine, with singer Marwan Daoud and his team performs live until the early hours while you enjoy tantalising Arabic dishes all night. Alternatively, we have our amazing array of fine restaurants, from Nobu, Seafire Steakhouse and Ronda Locatelli. Even if you’re dining elsewhere in the resort, it’s worth popping into Ossiano to for a platter of cheese from Hervé Mons and a superb selection of wines proposed by the sommelier, with one of the Middle East’s best talent Salha performing from 7.30pm.
- Nightlife: Once you have enjoyed dinner, head upstairs to our exceptional nightclub venue N’Dulge, where the world’s next superstar DJ Joris Voorn will be taking over in the N’Dulge Arena and Kiss FM London’s Shortee Blitz will be playing the N’Dulge terrace. That’s your Thursday sorted!
The only decision to make on Fridays is whether you are feeling sociable for lunching and brunching or feel like fun in the sun.
- Brunching: Nobu has set the precedent with its High Brunch. Every Friday 12pm – 3pm, it is filled with Nobu specialities complemented by signature beverages such as the Japanese Bloody Mary and Sake. With over 220 different dishes to choose from at any given time, the Saffron Brunch is legendary. Fill your plate and your glass with fantastic food and drink, with entertainment served to you by our resident DJ and an incredible magician who has more than a few tricks up his sleeve.
- Fun in the Sun: For those with kids, or those who just need to chill in a tube for the day, it’s all about Aquaventure, our well known water park encompassing 17 beachfront hectares. For UAE residents, you can save up to save up to AED 70, with our special UAE residents rate, but this is available to purchase at the gate only.
- Indoors: Once you have enough of the sun, come inside and discover The Lost Chambers, with its mazes and tunnels of this lost civilization while encountering sharks, eels, seahorses, and piranhas. Currently, the coral are spawning so ask your Navigator all about this amazing process! There are over 20 remarkable marine life exhibits including a touch tank and our interactive Aquatheatre shows. Complete this with watching the fish feeding in The Ambassador Lagoon at 4pm.
- Sunset: Again, the best place to enjoy sunset drinks in Dubai has to be Nasimi Beach. This Friday is Nasimi Beach’s Summer Daze Beach Party, hosted from 1pm until 1am, with 5 international DJ playing, beach volleyball, iced cocktails and ice pops. Chill out in your cabana, enjoying shisha as a DJ spins you into a relaxed state of mind from early afternoon, building it up until late.
- Dinner: Try the hearty Pureland Black Angus steak, premium beef of the United States at Seafire Steakhouse.
- Nightlife: It’s then time to crank out the old school dance moves at N’Dulge. DJ Tim Cheddar takes you back to the 70′s, 80′s and 90′s, to the days of disco, pop and club classics with REWIND at N’Dulge. Relive your musical youth, dare to wear retro and dance like there’s nobody watching! On the Terrace, Schooly is strictly Old Skool soul.
- Recover and refresh: Start off by booking yourself in for a lazy day at ShuiQi Spa & Fitness. Set over two floors with 27 treatment rooms, a personally designed spa journey can be created if you wish, and group packages can be organised and pre-booked ahead for any group.
- Lunchtime: For lunch options, Saturday is Bubble Q time at Nasimi Beach, where you can enjoy a great BBQ spread with drinks. Alternatively try Ronda Locatelli’s spring menu, including some of the best pizzas in Dubai.
- Afternoon tea: Every weekend, Plato’s Coffee Lounge serves you afternoon tea sweetened with nine different flavours of honey accompanied by pastries, scones and canapés. If that’s not sweet enough, enjoy the soothing sounds of a harpist or dip your berries in the honey fountain.
- Out of the box: For those wanting a once-in-a-lifetime moment, book yourself into Dolphin Bay to swim with our playful dolphins. You can meet the world’s most charismatic creatures through a choice of interactions, with your family, friends, or even on your own.
- Dinner: Every Saturday for dinner, Saffron serves you amazing Asian flavours from steamed Chinese dim sum and tender Mongolian delights, to spicy Malaysian specialties and creative Japanese sushi. Whether you crave for Hainan chicken or curry Laksa, you’ll find an entire continent waiting for you at our live cooking stations. Again, head to Barazura firstto enjoy singer Clarita de Quiroz and some beverages.
Finally, after a weekend at Atlantis, we think you will have enjoyed the best of Dubai all in one place.
*Nasimi Beach and Atlantis exterior photography by Abdulaziz Malallah.