Tips to stay sane in summer with the kids
We have put together a list of summer activities with the kids at Atlantis – or as we like to call it, the ‘Stay sane in Summer’ list
- Waterpark wonders: Topping our summer fun list is, of course, Aquaventure waterpark. Stay cool with the family and explore over 2km of river rapids, riding the conveyor belt up to the top of the Ziggurat and then choose your adventure down. For those that want to chill while the rest of the family gets active, you can enjoy a lounging beachside on private sun beds, in a Cabana or shaded areas. Alternatively enjoy shisha at Aquaventure Beach, an endless stretch of sand overlooking Dubai, whilst the family takes on the slides. UAE residents seeking days of entertainment, for big kids and little ones, should take up the three-month pass. For daily access, the UAE resident rate is AED 140 and children AED 115.
- Feed them to the sharks…well, snorkel with them: After the kids start climbing the walls, it might be an idea to grab their attention with something more awe inspiring. Cool off while snorkelling with rays and sharks in the waterpark’s Shark Lagoon. It’s an amazing experience, watching the reef sharks and large rays glide through whilst guests shoot down the Leap of Faith through the underwater tunnel. You can also try feeding the rays in the same Lagoon – it is an amazing feeling!
- Summer camps for kids and teens: For those with children aged 3 to 12 years, book them into one of the three summer camps this season at Atlantis Kids Club. The 5-day Atlantis Aqua Camp will take the kids 8-12 years old behind-the-scenes to learn about the vast marine life living at Atlantis, and let them try their hand at scuba diving with our Padi Certified Dive Centre. Atlantis Adventure Camp and Atlantis Sizzlin Camp takes kids between 3 -12 years for similar exciting activities, such as indoor rock climbing. To book call +971 4 426 1294/5 or email email@example.com. For those with teens, there are three Summer Camps at Club Rush. Atlantis Aqua Camp will involve all things water; Junior Lifeguard Training, Padi Dive Centre Experiences and Aquaventure. Atlantis Adventure Camp is the chance to have Atlantis as your playground! Sports, photography and learning some DJ ‘spinning’ skills are just a few of the items on the agenda. Atlantis Active Camp will have the teens enjoy the sunshine and head to beach with a week filled with outdoor games, water adventures, scavenger hunts, kayaking and challenges. To book call +971 4 426 1365 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org for Club Rush.
- Dolphin fun: This is on everyone’s wish list. Summer may be the perfect time for that a once in a lifetime experience at Dolphin Bay, where swimmers and non-swimmers have an opportunity to get up-close and personal with the dolphins through a range of interactions. Enjoy the experience as a family and the memories will photographed.
- Get lost at The Lost Chambers Family Fun Days: Save these dates in your diary – 8 June and 7 September. These are when The Lost Chambers, will hold its next Family Fun Days. These special days allow families to discover the mysteries of the ocean with additional activities such as face painting, and live talks and performances. Guests to Family Fun Days can also enjoy an offer of one child free with each paying adult.
- Learn more in the Back of House tour: Go behind the scenes with the kids and learn all about the marine life at Atlantis. The guided back of house tour is led by a fully qualified guide, and covers areas such as the fish hospital, feeding areas and into pump rooms.
- Family dinners: For dining, families can choose from 20 restaurants, with child-friendly food options at many of these, and including three restaurants by world renowned chefs. Try Saffron, with its incredible selection of cooking stations – the kids will love the chocolate fountain and endless dessert stand.
- Chill them out at The Ambassador Lagoon: One of the simplest treats for adults and kids alike is to stare in wonder at the incredible Ambassador Lagoon. Complimentary for guests, and 30 AED for visitors, you can experience the incredible 11-metre high view of the underwater world at Atlantis. Grab a coffee and snack at Poseidon Cafe, relax and admire the view. For those more adventurous, and who are qualified and over ten years old, and accompanied by an adult, why not go that one step further and try an Ultimate Dive.
- Summer getaway: If you are feeling like you need to get out, why not relocate the family to the resort for a mini get away covering the entire list above? Starting from only AED 990++ per room per night from 8 May to 30 September 2012, this sizzling summer rate includes unlimited complimentary access to Aquaventure, a water playground of over 18 million litres of water, The Lost Chambers marine exhibit and preferential rates to swim with the dolphins at Dolphin Bay.