Celebrate World Oceans Day at The Lost Chambers Aquarium
This Friday, 5 June between 10:00am and 10:00pm we celebrate World Oceans Day with a special Octonauts themed Family Fun Day at The Lost Chambers Aquarium. This exciting family event will focus on weird and wonderful marine life and offer you tips on how you can help save our oceans.
Interesting family activities at the upcoming Family Fun Day include Creature Feature Talks, our educational sessions where you can learn about sharks, jellyfish, groupers, and coral reproduction with our marine animal specialists.
Watch a special episode of Octonauts in the Blue Sage Chamber or join the crowd for the Aquatheater with our amazing team of divers. Get creative with face painting, origami and many other special activities for all ages. The highlight of the day for kids is a real life Mermaid who will be making 2 appearances at 1pm and 4pm.
Special Offers for Family Fun Day – Friday 5 June, 10:00am to 8:00pm
Adult admission AED 100 Children receive free admission with each full paid adult admission. Valet parking is complimentary for visitors to The Lost Chambers Aquarium.
Guests will enjoy the following activities during the day:
- 10:30 – Aquatheatre – Seven Sages Chamber
- 11:30 – Creature Feature Talk – Sharks – Seven Sages Chamber
- 13:00 – Mermaid Appearance – Seven Sages
- 14:00 – Creature Feature Talk – Groupers – Emergency Exit Chamber
- 14:30 – Meet the Divers – Seven Sages Chamber
- 15:00 – Creature Feature Talk-Coral Reproduction – Generator Chamber
- 15:30 – Aquatheatre – Seven Sages Chamber
- 16:00 – Mermaid Apperance – Seven Sages Chamber
- 17:00 – Aquatheatre – Seven Sages Chamber
- 11:00 – 18:00 – Entrance of Blue Sage Chamber
- Selfies for the Sea – Save the Ocean Pledge – Generator Chamber
- 11:00 – 18:00 Octonauts Episode
- 10:00 – 20:00 Hourly Lost Chambers Myth Tours – Entrance of Lost Chambers
- 10:00 – 20:00 Trashformation Activity – Jelly bottles – Generator Chamber
- 10:00 – 20:00 Face Painting, Origami & Bookmark arts, Color a Fish mural – Blue Sage Corner
For more information and to book your tickets, please click here
10 Fun Facts about The Lost Chambers Aquarium and Ambassador Lagoon:
- The viewing pane into The Ambassador Lagoon – which holds 11 million litres of seawater – is 10 metres long and 70cm thick.
- All the water in The Ambassador Lagoon weighs over 11 million kilograms.
- Between the fresh and salt water systems Atlantis has 64,352,000 litres of water which is enough to cover a soccer pitch with almost 13 metres of water.
- The turnover rate of the water in The Ambassador Lagoon is 180,000 litres (50,000 gallons) per minute.
- Sand filters in The Ambassador Lagoon can filter out particles as narrow as a strand of hair.
- The Ambassador Lagoon contains 5.9km of pipe work which is longer that the length of the Palm.
- The amount of sand in the sand filters in The Ambassador Lagoon is equivalent to the weight of 580 camels.
- If all the water was drained from The Ambassador Lagoon it would fill 4.5 Olympic sized swimming pools.
- There are 21 exhibits in the Lost Chambers.
- We feed 472kg of restaurant grade food to our fish per day except twice a week we have a no feed or fast day. This is made up of more than 10 types of food and includes lettuce, tomatoes and cucumbers (everyone needs their salad).