Top 10 Fun Facts About Aquaventure Waterpark
Discover why Aquaventure, the Middle East’s largest waterpark, is the centrepiece of any visit to Atlantis, The Palm. Having redefined and dominated the world of waterparks for nearly a decade, the multi-award-winning waterpark is an awe-inspiring world beyond anything you have ever seen, anywhere!
Here are some interesting facts about Aquaventure Waterpark and its best water slides you might not know:
1. Aquaventure is a water playground of over 18 million litres of water, consisting of extraordinary rides with cascades, tidal waves and rapids
Set in a 17-hectare playground of fun and adventure, Aquaventure is overflowing with an overwhelming assortment of heart-racing water rapids, water coasters, white water chargers, tidal waves and pools to help you make a bigger splash with your family. It is simply impossible to try all of the rides in just one day unless the waterpark is extremely quiet with no queues at all – which is never the case at Aquaventure!
2. The park has a 2.3 kilometre river ride with tidal waves and pools, water rapids and wild water chargers. It takes an impressive 45 minutes to float around the park
Ever wondered where’s the longest river ride in the Middle East? You do not have to ponder on that any longer. It is right here in Aquaventure Waterpark. The giant lazy river ride connects the water slides of the Tower of Poseidon and Tower of Neptune – the two main powerhouses of adventure and unlimited fun at the waterpark. A cruise down the 2.3km long river adventure attraction, which loops around the tropical waterscape of Aquaventure, will have you floating around for an impressive 45 minutes!
3. Aquaventure is capable of using over 790,000 litres of water per minute to create surges and waves with swells reaching almost 1 metre high
Pumping up the fun in Aquaventure are the water rides that lift you high up by generating massive waves and swells under you on the surge of more than 790 kilolitres of water in a single minute!
4. Aquaventure is the only waterpark in the Middle East that offers Marine Animal Experiences including; Shark Safari, a delightful walk on the bottom of the Shark Lagoon and Cownose Ray Feeding, in the water interacting and feeding the hungry rays
Not only does Aquaventure combine thrilling water rides, slides, pools and waves together in one place, but also offers unique marine animal experiences, such as Shark Safari and Cownose Ray Feeding in the Shark Lagoon, which take the term ‘waterpark’ to a whole new level.
5. The Rapids are the longest waterpark river in The Middle East. This 1.6 kilometre river adventure uses 15 million litres of fresh water to propel inner-tube riders through high-intensity rapids, wave surges and waterfalls that circumnavigate the lush tropical waterscape of Aquaventure
Nothing comes close the uniqueness of The Rapids, which promises the excitement of a real river expedition and takes the thrill factor up a notch with inter-tube slides, extreme rapids and wave surges that propel you through the interconnected waterways meandering around the tropical waterscape of the waterpark
6. Aquaventure is the only waterpark in Africa and the Middle East which has 700 metres of white sand beach
Aquaventure Waterpark has something more that most waterparks don’t: a 700m-stretch of luxurious private sand beach. Aquaventure Beach offers the ultimate R&R and barefoot beach luxury with beautiful views of the tropical landscapes of the waterpark.
7. The 17-hectare waterpark is now home to the world’s largest circumference water ride, first twin racing tube rides and the longest zip line circuit in the Middle East
If you are a thrill-seeker and have got a thing for adventure, the whopping array of Aquaventure rides will keep you sated. One among them is Zoomerango, the world’s largest circumference water ride that’ll whisk you across its curved walls only to make you experience sudden bursts of weightlessness while slashing and sliding through the near vertical zooms back-to-back.
8. The Atlantean Flyers Is also the first zip line integrated into a waterslide tower in the world
To further boost your adrenaline, Aquaventure also features the Atlantean Flyer Zip Line – the longest zipline in the Middle East and the world’s first in a waterpark! The 500m long zipline lets you enjoy splendid views of The Palm and beyond, as it races across Atlantis’ whimsically beautiful tropical landscapes, 20 meters above Aquaventure Waterpark.
9. Aquaventure is home to the world’s first timed double slide within a slide experience – Slitherines and Aquaconda
What’s more fun than going down a water slide? Wading in and splashing through a labyrinth of stomach-swirling tunnels with several unexpected turns before splash landing on a pool! Aquaconda, the world’s largest waterslide, will certainly catapult you on a ride of your lifetime! Slitherines, the world’s first ever twin racing tube rides, will see you racing your friends and family down and battling to be the first to finish.
10. 906 single inflatable tubes and 1433 double inflatable tubes are currently available for guests at Aquaventure Waterpark to float around the rapids and lazy river
The size and stature of Aquaventure Waterpark calls for a record-breaking number of inflatable tubes; As the largest waterpark in the Middle East, Aquaventure is equipped with the largest number of single inflatable tubes and double inflatable tubes to cater to the needs of its guests all year round.
Like these fun facts about Aquaventure? Take a look at the full Aquaventure Fun Facts Infographics.